1. By entering this Money Jam promotion (the “Promotion”) you agree to these terms and conditions.
2. The promoter of the Promotion is the Commission for Financial Capability (the “Promoter”).
3. Two lucky winners will win $2,500 to create a fundraising event of their choice, that they have planned and budgeted for in accordance with the requirements of these terms and conditions and the event plan on sortedinschools.org.nz (the “Major Prizes”). They will also have Brain Busters hosts Chris Kirk and Mikey Falesiu from TVNZ 2 attend as special guests.
4. To enter the Promotion, students that are in years 7 to 13 must plan a fundraising event by completing the event plan document on sortedinschools.org.nz. An entry will only be valid if all three parts of the event plan, including their budget for the event, have been completed. The budgets for each event need to be $2,500 or less.
5. Entries must be submitted to sortedinschools.org.nz by a teacher that is:
a. registered at a Ministry of Education recognised school located in New Zealand; and
b. registered as a user of sortedinschools.org.nz.
6. Teachers must submit their students’ entries between 0000hrs on Monday 8th March 2021 and 2359hrs on Friday 16th April 2021 (the “Promotion Period”).
7. A teacher may submit more than one entry to the Promotion during the Promotion Period (although duplicate entries are not permitted). By submitting an entry, each teacher confirms that the entry was created by students in years 7 to 13.
8. By submitting an entry, the teacher confirms that the relevant school endorses the event proposed in the event plan documents submitted as part of the Promotion, and the school is prepared to be responsible for organising and executing the event and assuming any risks associated with the event.
9. The winners of the Major Prizes will be decided by the Promoter, at its sole discretion. In choosing the winners the Promoter will consider, among other things in the event plan, the description of the event, the explanation on how the group came up with their budget, the completeness of the budget and whether it is realistic, and whether the group have included anything innovative or outside of the box. The Promoter’s decision on the winners to the Major Prizes is final and may not be challenged.
10. Judging of the Major Prizes will be carried out from Monday 19th April to Friday 23rd April 2021, with winners being decided on Tuesday 27th April 2021. The Promoter will notify the winners of the Major Prizes by phone and email. If the Promoter fails to make contact with a winner by Friday 7th May 2021, the Promoter may choose another winner.
11. The Promoter will pay the schools associated with the winners of the Major Prizes the $2,500 within 10 days of notifying the relevant teachers associated with the winning entries.
12. If after the $2,500 has been paid to a winner’s school, the school determines, acting reasonably, that executing the event will be impractical or undesirable, the school must notify the Promotor. The Promotor may, in its discretion, agree to allow the school to use the prize money for another use (e.g. sports or IT equipment for the school).
13. The winners of the Major Prizes will be announced through sortedinschools.org.nz, campaign eDMs sent to teachers that are registered with sortedinschools.org.nz, and on the sortedinschools.org.nz teachers closed Facebook page
14. Prizes are not transferable for cash, credit or otherwise.
15. In the event that you win a Major Prize you agree that the Promotor, and its agencies, may use:
a. your school’s details;
b. the details of the teacher that submitted the winning entry;
c. photos, video testimonial and filming of delivery and receiving the Major Prize; and
d. if you win a Major Prize, details of, photos and videos of the event that the $2,500 is used towards,
for the Promotor’s promotional and marketing activities, subject to receipt of any necessary written parental consent forms for each student featured in such material.
16. The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to vary these terms & conditions or cancel any or all of the prize draws or components of this Promotion without notice.
17. The Promoter is not liable for any failure (for whatever reason) to record an entry into the Promotion.
18. All decisions made by the Promoter in relation to the Promotion are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
19. The Promoter shall not be liable, except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, for any direct, indirect, special or consequential loss, damage or personal injury (whether physical or mental) in connection with the Promotion, any prize draw, a Major Prize or its use by a winner.
Equipping young people for their financial future, embedding good money habits early on.
Hāpaitia te ara tika, pūmau ai te rangatiratanga mo ngā uri whakatipu.
Hit enter to search or ESC to close